|Theodore and the Queen|
July 22 1993
Theodore and the Queen is the fourteenth episode of the first season.
The tugs are honoured to welcome the Queen Stephanie into their harbour. She is such a grand ocean liner that it takes all of them to escort her. In fact, she is so big that she gets stuck when trying to go under Benjamin Bridge. The tide is still rising, which means that if they can't free her quickly, the bridge and the Queen could get hurt. The others think that Theodore is too small for this big job. But he overcomes his small size with a big idea. After a piece of the bridge falls and splashes water into him, he realizes that if they can add weight to the Queen Stephanie, they can lower her. It works. As a reward, Theodore is given the position of honor as the tug in front who leads the Queen Stephanie around the harbor.
- Benjamin Bridge
- Queen Stephanie
- The Dispatcher
- Lilly (cameo)
- Chimey (cameo)
- Bedford (cameo)
- Rebecca (cameo)
- Constance (cameo)
- Phillip and Filmore (cameo)
- The Grain Ship (cameo)
- The Flat Eyed Coast Guard Ship (cameo)
- Stock footage from Bumper Buddies and The Dark and Scary Cove is used. And a minor dock scene is used from Theodore and the Homesick Rowboat.
- A deleted image from this episode was posted on the back cover of the Theodore and the Whale VHS.
- First appearance of the Queen Stephanie.
- This episode is filmed right after The Great Harbour Clean Up Contest, since the position of some boats is the same from said episode.
- Throughout the episode Benjamin's eye mechanism is visible.
- When the piece of the bridge hits the water, it stands completely vertical on the bottom of the set.
- When Theodore gets splashed by the piece of the bridge hits the water, the camera shakes.
- The Queen Stephanie's antenna would have simply collapsed upon colliding with Benjamin, rather than becoming stuck.
- When all the boats are tooting their whistles, Rebecca is seen in the dock next to the Flat-Eyed Coast Guard Ship but in the scene after that, she's suddenly right back at the Oceanic Institute.
- When Queen Stephanie is being lowered, the camera shakes.
In Other Languages
|Norwegian||Theodor og Dronningen||Theodore and the Queen|