|Theodore's First Pull/|
Theodore Buttons On
July 21st,1993 (Pulled)
Theodore's First Pull (retitled Theodore Buttons On) is the thirteenth episode of the first season and the 2nd episode pulled from Airing.
Emily is helping Theodore practice the skills he will need to earn his 'V-word' which will signify that he is an ocean-going tug. But instead of practicing, Theodore listens to George telling a story. The next day, Theodore has a chance to try his new skill on a real ship. Emily isn't sure he's ready, but she lets him try anyway. Theodore is so excited that he doesn't pay attention to what he is doing. And he really gets in over his wake when he tries to act too much like George. It isn't until after Theodore's mistakes cause Kirby to drop some cargo that the young tug learns about George's special engines which let him move in ways that Theodore can't. Theodore realizes that he needs more practice, and picking up Kirby's cargo seems like a good place to start.
- Kirby (does not speak)
- Lilly (does not speak)
- Julia (cameo)
- Benjamin Bridge (cameo)
- The Dispatcher (cameo)
- Bedford or Blankston (cameo)
- Phillip and Filmore (cameo)
- Donald Dock (cameo)
- The Clock Tower (cameo)
- Aurea (mentioned)
- It is revealed that Emily has an emergency whistle. This is the only episode where it is used.
- This is the first time where a different language is spoken - Spanish.
- First and only appearance of Kirby.
- The working title for this episode is "Theodore Pulls A Fast One".
- When Hank says "I wish I was like George." a gap can be seen between his eye and face.
- When Theodore returns to the Great Ocean Dock, George's cap is on frontwards, but when George begins talking to Theodore in the next shot, his cap is on backwards.
- Theodore only tapped Kirby, which should not have been enough force to knock his cargo off his deck.