|Theodore's Big Decision|
October 12, 2001
Pugwash, the undersea explorer, is warned to stay away from Ecum Secum Circle where, it is said, ships go down and never return. However, when the small sub surfaces near the lighthouse, she is startled by its foghorn. She dives back under the water without paying attention to where she is headed. She ends up right in the middle of the Circle, surrounded by the chanting rocks. They entice her to stay underwater by reminding her of the 'monster' lighthouse waiting for her above. Everyone thinks Pugwash is lost. But Theodore knows that Pugwash is afraid of the lighthouse's foghorn and that she associates lights with the foghorn. So he orders the search crew to turn off their lights and even positions Owan, the oil rig to block the light of the moon. Still, there is no sign of Pugwash. So Theodore blows his whistle as loud as he can. Sure enough, hearing her friend's signal gives Pugwash the courage to escape from the Circle and join her friends on the surface.
- The Rhyming Rocks of Ecum Secum
- The Dispatcher
- Benjamin Bridge (does not speak)
- Lilly (does not speak)
- Lunenburg (does not speak)
- Shediac (cameo)
- Bedford (cameo)
- Underwater Mysteries (VHS) - 2000
- This episode marks the very last of a couple things:
- The very last episode of Theodore Tugboat.
- The very last episode of Season 5.
- All of the characters make their very last appearances and speaking roles in this episode.
- This episode is recognizably similar to Pugwash is Gone!.
- This is the first and only appearance of The Ecum Secum Rhyming Rocks.
- Lunenburg appears to have been relocated to a different part of Shipwreck Rock.