|Theodore's Bad Dreams|
July 20th, 1993
Theodore's Bad Dreams is the twelfth episode of the first season.
Theodore is having a bad dream about a sea monster which keeps him awake all night. Rebecca, the research vessel, assures him that there are no sea monsters in Big Harbour. But Theodore builds a sea monster trap just in case, however, he still cannot sleep. While he is awake he hears George giggling in his sleep. It seems that George is dreaming about the Waltzing Sugar Plum Harbour Fairies dancing around the dock. Emily uses George's example to teach Theodore about dreams. That night Emily invites Theodore to stay awake so that they can see George's fairies. When Theodore sees George giggling but cannot see any fairies, he realises that they were only a dream, just like his sea monster.
- The Sea Monster
- The Dispatcher
- The Clock Tower (does not speak)
- Gloria Cornwallis (does not speak)
- Lilly (does not speak)
- Donald Dock (cameo)
- Benjamin Bridge (cameo)
- The Waltzing Sugar Plum Harbour Ferries (mentioned)
- Stock footage from Theodore the Vegetable and Is Anybody Listening? and mirrored stock footage from Theodore's First Pull is used.
- This is the only episode in season 1 where the tugs have closed eyes face masks to show them sleeping since most of the episodes mostly have the eyes open but alternate with the hats down in front of their eyes.
- This is one of few episodes where the Harbor Master mentions himself.
- This episode is filmed right before The Great Harbour Clean Up Contest, since the position of some boats are the same from said episode.
- This is Rebecca's first speaking role as well as her only one for the first season.
- Theodore should know about bad dreams already, as he has had them before in The Dark and Scary Cove.
- When Theodore thinks "Now wasn't that strange?", Emily is still standing in front of him and George has stopped giggling.