Inverness is a small cargo ship with a really pointy bow that Hank accidentally offends by calling him "needle-nose". He is very good friends with Emily after she rescued him from fog and thinks that she is good at tugging ships, despite once, nearly crashing into Owan the Oil Rig in a storm until Theodore had to save him.
- Season 4 - Theodore's Visit to Ceilidh's Cove, Emily Goes Overboard, Theodore and the Haunted Houseboat, Emily's Easy Job, and Hank's Wheezy Whistle (cameo)
- Season 5 - Hank Hurts a Ship
- His name came from the community of Inverness, Nova Scotia, which is located on the west coast of Cape Breton Island.
- His hull was previously used for Katherine and Freda and later for S.S. Malarkey.
- His smokestacks were sold on eBay.
- In Season 4, Inverness' cab was on the front of his hull but in Season 5, his cab was moved to the middle of his hull.
- Inverness' name also was used for Icebreaker Inverness.